Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dubai - Palm Jumeirah


Finally went to Dubai this year and had the privilege of staying at no other place but the famous Pal Jumeirah. The island is shaped like a Palm Tree and our villa faced the Arabian sea...sounds wonderful, right? It was every bit an experience with lots of sun and sand around us.


The architecture around me was like a fairytale with brown and beige buildings everywhere that would shine up with blue lights at night. Just looking at them made me feel, I didn't belong to this world.
I was there just in time for the opening of the tallest tower in the world Burj Dubai now renamed Burj Khalifa. I had to go and take pictures of it. The lightings on it are breath-taking and it's not just the Burj...it's everywhere in Dubai. It shines and sparkles like a million diamonds and gems.


Lovely architecture and art-work everywhere. From the lobby of the Atlantis Hotel, I had to take a picture :) This intricate glass sculpture stands right in the center of the lobby and touches the ceiling. The hotel also has a built in public aquarium that covers one side of the entire hotel wall. It's a major tourist attraction.
Next stop - Shopping Malls!! Visited Emirates Mall and Dubai Mall. This fountain picture was taken at the Dubai Mall. Very interesting and big! Now waiting for my next trip there.

No comments:

Post a Comment